Saturday, January 6, 2018

WEEK 2- Protein Synthesis







CATTACTTGGAACTGCGCAACCAGATCTTT

3 Comments:

At January 8, 2018 at 8:09 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

GUA AUG AAC CUU GAC GCG UUG GUC UAG AAA --- mRNA
YOU (START CODON) ANTHROPOLOGY IS UNUSUAL CONFUSING TO ME (STOP CODON) DELIRIUM

Your sentence regardless of being grammatically incorrect, needs the start codon at the beginning and end codon at the end of the sequence I believe. Other than that I believe that this is what you were initially translating.

 
At January 8, 2018 at 8:22 PM , Blogger five primates said...

yes, it is. If I read correctly Mrs. Rodriguez wanted us to add a few unknowns in the beginning and the end to throw you off. If I read it incorrectly then I apologize.

"Anthropology is unusual(ly) confusing to me"

 
At January 9, 2018 at 8:38 AM , Blogger L Rodriguez said...

Brandon, Five Primates is correct that the instructions (the last step) asked that you include some random bases at the beginning and end of your code (these were left off you own code... please don't change it. It's already scored). This helps to make your decoder look for the start/stop codons, just as the decoding enzyme would do in the cell. We are trying to replicate what actually happens in protein synthesis here. Otherwise, your decode was correct.

Five Primates, your code was correct and well done. The only problem is that it was two words short of the 8-word minimum. Otherwise, looks good.

Here is my decode for reference:

DNA: CATTACTTGGAACTGCGCAACCAGATCTTT
RNA: GUAAUGAACCUUGACGCGUUGGUCUAGAAA
Codons: AUG AAC CUU GAC GCG UUG GUC UAG
(start) Anthropology is unusual(ly) confusing to me. (stop)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home